Human Resource Coordinator/ Advisor
ARC Protection Corp (Assured Risk Control) and Lions Gate Risk Management Group are looking for an Administrative Support person with specialized knowledge and experience in Human Resource Management for our Delta office. You will play an important role in providing exceptional guidance and support to our Team, while making a significant contribution to our needs in the area of human resource management.
Who you are?
- You are organized, analytical and comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- You are a self-starter and self-motivated.
- You are a service and results oriented professionaland you enjoy working as an individual and in a teamenvironment.
- You provide great customer service to both internal and external contacts and colleagues.
- You are detail oriented, because you know it matters.
- You are a born multitasker who has no problem balancing several different duties andprioritizing them appropriately.
- You are efficient, hardworking, and find ways to meet tight deadlines when required.
- You possess at least 2 years of relevant experience in anadministrative role and you have specific human resource education, training and experience.
- You have Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, Adobe).
- You have excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- You can deal with confidential matters.
- You are interested and willing to learn new tasks
- You are flexible and accommodating to accommodate changes in priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in human resource issues by acting as the first contact point.
- Represent the company and/or assist the managers with performance review appraisals.
- Provide information and advise staff on ARC policies, procedures and practices.
Recruitment of new Employees
- Coordinate the recruitment process from the posting of a vacancy, to the awarding of a position and all relevant documentation trails.
- Ensure that all job offers are made in accordance with company directives, or conditions of employment in the respective staff groups.
- Coordinate the advertisement for vacant positions, including composing or editing advertisement copy, confirming pricing, and finalizing ad placement
- Build an effective network of contacts for posting vacant positions.
- Short list resumes, organize interview panels, schedule interviews, and assists in interviewing by recording the process and by participating in the interview process.
- Collect references and documentation of credentials for all applicants.
- May attend and participate in professional and community meetings and job fairs.
- Participate in the development of and organize the training/educational sessions under HR purview.
- Coordinate orientation materials
- Conduct monthly or as required orientation sessions for new employees.
Human Resource Administration
- Liaise with WCB, insurance carriers and payroll, to resolve processing problems.
- Perform secretarial, clerical functions such as typing, faxing, and photocopying
- Prepares, proofreads, formats and processes human resource documents such as letters, memos, training calendars & materials, agendas, reports, statistical charts, and forms.
- Organize and attend the Safety Committee (O.H.& S) Meeting.
- Takes and maintains minutes for various meetings such as the HR, Safety (OH&S), and Management Committee meetings.
- Establish and maintain all HR and employee files and records.
- Assist in the coordination of the educational institutions and any affiliation agreements and follow up on issues with the institutions.
- Maintain and update and have input into all HR generated manuals such as the Policies and Procedure Manual.
- Work on special projects such as the development of an Orientation and/or Interview Process Manual as assigned.
- Assists with and/or administers special projects; helps develop, implement and maintain goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned projects.
- Perform any related duties as assigned, including logistical support for other staff
Education/Previous Work Experience:
- HR diploma or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in an administrative/human resources role
- Ability to communicate effectively in a business manner verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work with people in a high stress environment.
- Ability to respond effectively with management, employees and clients with diplomacy and respect in all situations with a wide variety of personality types.
- Capable of research and preparation of reports for senior management with regards to Human Resource issues.
- Organized, flexible self-starter with good analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of current Human Resource management practices.
- Good knowledge of provincial and federal legislation governing Employer’s Human Resources practices.
- Good working knowledge of computerized word processing databases.
- Competitive wage based on knowledge and experience.
- A professional, fun office environment with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
- A premium medical and dental benefits package if you qualify.
Please advise which work schedule would best suit you:
Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Job Type: Full-time position